This policy may be updated from time-to-time and the updated version can always be found on this page. This particular policy is effective from 22nd May 2018.
Please use the links below to find out more about how we use your personal data:
Information we may collect about you
We may collect the following personal data about you when you enquire about our products or services, during the course of a sale, whilst using this website or from meetings at trade shows:
- Name, company name and job title
- Company contact information including email address, phone number and address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and industry
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we use this information
- To contact you in response to an enquiry
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To customise the website according to your interests
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services. We’ll send marketing to you by email, phone, post and social media. Offers may relate to any of our products and services such as price promotions on ingredients you have previously purchased, as well as advice we think may be of interest to your business and sector.
- To provide personalised content and services to you
- To contact you for market research purposes by email, phone, fax or post
Legal grounds for processing your data
- We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal data:
- Where it is needed to fulfil a contract to provide you with our products or services.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, including:
- Managing your products and services, updating your records and contacting you about your order or contract;
- Management and audit of our business operations including accountancy;
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services. We’ll send marketing to you by email, phone, post and social media. Offers may relate to any of our products and services such as price promotions on ingredients you have previously purchased, as well as to any other offers and advice we think may be of interest to your business and sector.
- With your consent:
- For some direct marketing communications, including email newsletter sign ups from website users
- For some of our profiling via website cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Google Analytics: We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on the website are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Marketing cookies: We use technologies such as cookies and beacons to collect information about how visitors use the CCL website and to report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. We link this information to the contact and account details you have provided us with and use this information to provide you with information on products, services and trends that you have shown an interest in.
- Website administration cookies: These cookies help the website to understand your location and preferences (i.e. that you have seen the website disclaimer) to provide a personalised experience.
Cookies in use
Please see a list of cookies our website is using.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. They help us to provide you with relevant information for your business and industry.
Your rights in relation to cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we share personal information with other organisations
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes outlined in ‘How we use this information’ in order to process your personal data:
- Website management provider
- Marketing automation system
- CRM system
- Google Analytics
- Direct mail fulfilment suppliers
How long your personal information is retained
We retain your personal information for as long as is deemed necessary. This is usually throughout the course of the business relationship plus six years.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can withdraw your consent for our processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
Cookie consent can be managed by you via your web browser. Read more about cookies
You can decline marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email or by emailing email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. We will promptly change any information found to be incorrect.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Controller, Ian Mitchell at: Cambridge Commodities Ltd, 203 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3NX.
Your rights under data protection laws
Under the GDPR, all individuals have specific rights under data protection laws, including:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to request access to your personal information
- The right to have your personal information rectified
- The right to have your personal information erased
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to transfer your personal information (data portability)
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or wish to exercise any of your rights, please get in touch using one of the methods below.
Data Controller: Ian Mitchell
Telephone: +44 (0)1353 667258
Post: Cambridge Commodities Ltd, 203 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3NX